Thursday, November 27, 2008

mushing politics

  Yes there are allot of politics going around about the sport right now. It needs to be explained and I will do so on ben and Rachel's site. I will do it even though I shouldn't. What I have to say is important to the past and the future of mushing so I think that it is important to mention. I will go over the facts once and then I will never let the politics enter our mushing again.
 I will talk about it later on a future blog for now I will need it to settle. It will be better that way.
  Today Ben and Rachel got home from school and ran two teams at the same time. Rachel was first leaving the chute and Ben followed in her foot steps. OR should I say the dogs footsteps, It didn't take long and Ben passed Rachel due to some leader trouble in Rachel's team. The two of them did a six mile run in really fast time considering the warm temps. and poor trail conditions. It is so nice to see their teams coming together. It actually got dark on them today and they had to put headlights on. I know it doesn't take long from the first runs with a head lamp till the days begin to get longer again. When they have the lights on it is actually a good sign. Not many training runs left before their racing begins. We all look forward to that here. Please everyone do the snow dance because we really need it.
 Mushing politics 101 coming up.

No comments: