Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?????

Well if you all need to know? I will tell you where I have been. Sorry I can't believe that it has been that long since I talked last. Unreal. Totally. UNreal. AS my Northern Tutchone friend would say. to catch you up, I will write a few lines. We have been training Training and more training. There just was nothing near by to go race. SO we stayed at home to trained. It is such a shame not to be able to take them out and race them more often.
I think the Race they have out at annie lake yukon was the only race left in the territory for us to go and race. We don't go there because the distance is not what we train. It was a ten mile trail over some very very rough stuff. So we do not take a chance in racing this race for fear of injuring the dogs.
I am now on the Yukon Quest Trail helping out Hans Gatt. He is racing again some good dogs from our kennel His partner Suzie also is racing some of our dogs. She raced the 300 mile race and I was to pick up her dogs and take them back to whitehorse. I was asked to go further north into dawson city where the Yukon Quest has a 36 hour layover. From here they are half way to the finish of the 1000 mile race. My Truck is in the shop getting worked on because of a wheel bearing problem. Once this is fixed and Hans Gatt is on his way I will come back to Whitehorse and prepare to leave to the Junior worlds in Anchorage.
This is Rachels time to race and I am hoping she wins this race in Anchorage. So lets hope it works out for her this year. We Will keep you posted as time goes by.

No comments: